Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I bet this happened to Galadriel all the time.

Today in Ningbo, I was stopped by a Chinese girl, perhaps a little younger than myself. She did not say hello, nor did she ask a question. She put her arm around my waist and before I could really react, her friend took a picture of the two of us.

I am not particularly attractive. I'm short, not very well built, and I have a geeky sort of look about me. Why me? I have blonde hair, that's why.

You know, the one time my hair would help me get the ladies, and I'm one ocean and one continent away from the only woman I'm trying to attract.

Eh, at least the girl was cute. That gets me some jealousy points, right? Perhaps I should start seeing how many people want pictures of my golden locks. And maybe some short guy will offer me the most powerful magical artifact on the face of the planet. That would be good, too.

2 comments:

Noah Smith said...

If the short guy offers you the artifact, don't take it. My advice is to diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel.

Anonymous said...

My parents toured rural England with some old friends, including a genuine Wyoming cowboy, with hat, boots, and belt buckle. They receive free food, beer, and lodging throughout their visit from various Brits who just wanted to take pictures with John, listen to his accent, and commune with the American West.