Thursday, June 14, 2007

Glamdring and Orcrist

The last stop on today’s sightseeing was a museum dedicated to archeological findings in Sichuan province that reveal the earliest culture in the area, the Sanxingdui. This stop was doubly neat: I love museums, and I had just finished reading about this period in Chinese history just two days ago.

The exhibit was primarily pottery and Big Jade Blades. Big Jade Dagger-Axes, Big Jade Adzes, Big Jade Rings, and, of course, Big Jade Ceremonial Swords. The archeologists have almost no idea what any of these swords were for, or what the markings mean. Most of the time, that bugs me. I’d rather read a book.

But sometimes, just sometimes, I want to see a Big Jade Sword. I think I’m set for a few decades now.

2 comments:

Tumbleweed said...

Hey Juls,

J can't actually see this blog, so he has no idea about the comments. He claims not to have your email address???, so can you write him? He'd like to "talk" to you!!!

~C

Liana said...

So how does Jared write his blog entries if he can't see it?